Title: Audio Visual Lead Cable Technician
Location: New York, NY
The Audio Visual Lead Cable Technician leads technician teams to completely and successfully install projects. Qualified candidates must have experience operating in large-scale data centers and enterprise office buildings and have a strong client focus. Candidates must be able to travel, manage and train remote teams while onsite performing project driven initiatives. They should have a minimum of 5 -7 years of structured cabling experience and experience terminating and working with Audio Visual Cables, termination, testing, and installation of components. Experience dressing and terminating cables in AV racks are required.
- Attend project meetings with client, general contractor and trades.
- Assist the Project Manager to manage multiple projects and project teams simultaneously
- Identify the number of resources/technicians and tools required to complete the project.
- Coordinate delivery of materials and tools either at the customer site or at Coranet’s warehouse.
- Instruct our partners on the use of contractor portals.
- Plan the daily project work schedule, provide project updates to account managers and track time for all technicians through the completion of a job.
- Track project spend budgets against estimated costs and alert the PM to any discrepancies.
- Maintain a close liaison with the client to ensure all project-driven requirements are met and understood.
- Coordinate client training and post cutover support.
- Track all job change orders.
- Ensure all pictures and other deliverables are sent after the job is complete and organize all on our internal drive.
- Identify, track and communicate issues to appropriate management levels to help ensure a timely problem resolution. Install servers and data center hardware in data center and IDF cabinets as needed.
- Deploy, setup and maintain enterprise grade hardware from various manufacturers as needed. Install (and remove) racks, shelving, power strips, rails, cable management within data center and labs as needed.
- Install conduit in accordance with local NEC codes
- Help mentor our technician trainees in our apprentice program.
- Help build out technician teams throughout the U.S.